Chief Marketing Officer
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
We are seeking a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to join our globally distributed and rapidly growing team at the forefront of revolutionizing the Web3 landscape.
Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup pioneering a new category at the intersection of AI and Web3. With mainnet launch planned for early next year, the Subspace Network is a radically decentralized, next-generation layer one blockchain powered by an innovative proof-of-archival storage (PoAS) consensus mechanism. Our project serves as a foundation for global collaboration between humans and AI, ushering in a new era of possibilities. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation. To learn more, visit our website and read the technical whitepaper.
As the Chief Marketing Officer at Subspace, you will play a pivotal role in driving global adoption for the Subspace Network while leading our marketing, communications, and ecosystem initiatives. Your ability to balance long-term planning with hands-on execution will be essential to your success in this role.
- Lead, mentor, and grow our marketing, communications, ecosystem, and partnerships teams, coordinating their activities across our key audiences and stakeholders.
- Leverage data and user insights, and think strategically to develop and refine Subspace’s brand positioning while operationalizing and ensuring consistent execution of the marketing message.
- Lead execution of our existing marketing plan regarding the upcoming launch of the Subspace Network, while driving growth and adoption for our key end-user use-cases at the intersection of AI and Web3.
- Create, plan and execute eye-opening and thought-provoking go-to-market strategies and campaigns for new products and services, ensuring successful product launches and ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Measure, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and initiatives, using data-driven insights to optimize performance and inform decision-making.
- Oversee and coordinate communications across all marketing channels, ensuring that relevant and meaningful content is generated and distributed on a regular basis to engage and educate our target audiences.
- Coordinate efforts to foster community growth amongst storage farmers and compute operators, maintaining a robust supply side of our network.
- Explore and establish key partnerships that will ensure the development of a healthy ecosystem across the Subspace Network.
- Work directly with our product and engineering teams to coordinate and run marketing experiments as new products and services are released.
- Collaborate closely with these teams to integrate marketing into product development.
- Ensure that all marketing efforts closely align with overall token economics and crypto-economic incentive mechanisms, contributing to the growth of the Subspace Network.
- Establishing and nurture key relationships with media, podcasters, influencers and industry analysts to to secure coverage and increase visibility of Subspace and our spokespeople.
- Work closely with designers, animators and illustrators to deepen and spread the visual identity of subspace.
- Oversee and update the content of the Subspace website to constantly be relevant and move with the market.
- Support the project in industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities to build brand awareness, and identify partnerships.
- Manage marketing budgets, allocate resources effectively, and ensure ROI on marketing investments.
- A proven track record of at least five years in progressively senior marketing roles, with experience managing teams, communities, and product launches.
- A minimum of three years Web3 Industry experience alongside a passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems.
- Prior experience at an early stage technology startup, ideally as an early hire or founding team member, also ideally in the FinTech, RegTech, or Crypto industries.
- Creative thinker with a proven track record of implementing innovative marketing campaigns and initiatives, coupled with exceptional communication skills for conveying complex concepts to various audiences.
- A hands-on multitasker who thrives on taking end-to-end ownership of tasks, willing to personally roll up their sleeves to execute and get the job done.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, using strong analytical skills to employ data-driven insights in marketing decision-making.
- Previous experience in the AI/ML industry, or a personal interest and solid understanding of the emerging market landscape across AI and Web3.
What We Offer
𐄁 The ability to work from anywhere in the world
𐄁 A competitive salary with generous equity and token grants
𐄁 Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US-based only)
𐄁 A unique opportunity to shape the future of the internet
𐄁 Team off-sites in various locations around the globe