Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
We are seeking an experienced Office Manager, Event Planner, or Administrative Assistant, to support our rapidly expanding startup portfolio of organizations across AI, Web3, and the Metaverse. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, solution-oriented, smart, articulate, results-driven, analytical, and not tied to titles or role specificities. You will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, while actively documenting and sharing your work.
In this role, you will manage our Silicon Valley Hacker House, located just a few blocks from Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA and assist with a variety of event and administrative tasks. You will report to the Head of People and contribute directly to the success of our project.
Note: While Subspace Labs is a fully-remote company and most day-to-day work can be completed remotely, candidates for this role must be located within regular commuting distance from Palo Alto, CA.
In this position you will manage the ‘Hacker House,’ which includes:
- Checking the mail and scanning documents to appropriate team members.
- Managing cleaning staff, yard crew, vendors, and home repairs.
- Coordinating house guests and restocking supplies.
You’ll also coordinate events and manage swag, including:
- Collaborating with the Head of People to plan, coordinate, and execute impactful team-related events and activities, such as Team Retreats, local meetups and Hack-a-thons, up to once per month.
- Overseeing the design, ordering, and management of company, community, and event swag, enhancing our brand representation
- Plan and coordinate local in-person events across the Bay Area, such as meetups, conferences, and hackathons, to support our growing community.
- Effectively manage the CEO's calendar and assist as a personal aide, optimizing organization and productivity.
- Provide on-demand administrative assistance to leadership team members, enhancing their effectiveness and time management.
- Play a pivotal role in onboarding new team members, ensuring their seamless assimilation into the organization.
- Oversee the organization's IT requirements, encompassing the administration of tooling and collaboration platform access, stewardship of our GSuite, and related tasks.
- Proven track record in office management, event coordination, or similar roles, with a focus on achieving tangible outcomes.
- Ability to travel for up to one week out of the month to support on-site event logistics and coordination.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, demonstrated by a history of successfully managing complex tasks.
- Detail-oriented mindset, showcasing an aptitude for setting priorities that align with strategic goals.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, enabling seamless collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to be on-site in the Bay Area and drive results through hands-on involvement.
- Collaborative attitude with the ability to foster positive relationships across various departments and organizational levels.
- Familiarity with swag or promotional item management is a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in a startup or fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
𐄁 The ability to work from anywhere in the world
𐄁 A competitive salary with generous equity and token grants
𐄁 Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US-based only)
𐄁 A unique opportunity to shape the future of the internet
𐄁 Team off-sites in various locations around the globe